Aims & Scope
The Proceedings of the Annual Meeting of the Georgia Association of Mathematics Teacher Educators provides a forum for high quality research related to mathematics teacher education, especially which identifies factors that contribute to improving the preparation and professional development of mathematics teachers at all levels. This journal publishes results of research, instructional approaches, and experience-based learning.
The purpose of GAMTE is to encourage and facilitate the improvement of mathematics teacher education across the state of Georgia. The goals of the organization are to:
- Facilitate communication and collaboration among mathematics teacher educators between and within all educational levels;
- Coordinate activities and work collaboratively with other associations, organizations, and governmental (national, state, and local) units to strengthen the mathematical, pedagogical, and clinical preparation of mathematics teachers at all levels (P-college);
- Facilitate collaboration among mathematics teacher educators who are members of different academic units, such as departments of mathematics and departments of education;
- Promote leadership among mathematics teacher educators in the broader mathematics education community;
- Encourage and organize programs and meetings focusing in issues related to the preparation and professional development of mathematics teachers; and
- Foster the incorporation of appropriate technology into teacher education programs and professional development opportunities in mathematics at all levels (P-college).