Conference Dates: June 8-10, 2020
Conference Location: Savannah, GA
Priority Proposal Submission Deadline: November 15, 2019
The Southeast Conference on Positive Behavior Interventions and Support is inviting presentation proposals in one of these four conference strands:
This strand is designed for schools that are either early in the implementation of school-wide PBIS or have been implementing for multiple years. The focus of this strand will be to provide participants with a framework of sustaining effective PBIS practices in schools.
- Understand and implement strategies to sustain school-wide PBIS in schools.
- Develop methods to increase the effectiveness of school-wide PBIS at the classroom level.
- Understand and implement strategies for individual populations of children.
- Understand and implement strategies for building district-level capacity to sustain school-wide PBIS.
PBIS Individualized Intervention
This strand is designed for schools implementing school-wide PBIS seeking individualized interventions for difficult populations. The focus of this strand will be to develop interventions to be deployed in schools for more students who need more intense interventions:
- Understand and implement intense strategies to support students with high functioning Autism or Asperger’s through school-wide PBIS.
- Understand and implement intense strategies to support students with emotional and behavioral disorders through school-wide PBIS.
- Understand and implement peer-to-peer interventions to support difficult populations of students.
- Understand and implement intense strategies to support students-at-risk through school-wide PBIS.
PBIS Mental Health
This strand is designed for schools seeking infusing behavioral/mental health into a tiered PBIS system. The focus of this strand will be to develop the Interconnected System’s Framework (ISF) in schools:
- Understand and implement strategies to identify students with behavioral health needs.
- Understand and implement evidence-based practices within an ISF.
- Understand and connect with the expertise of clinicians to improve student outcomes.
This strand is designed for schools that are seeking to align school safety plans with school wide PBIS implementation. The focus of this strand will be to provide participants with sustainable school safety strategies that can be utilized in accordance with PBIS implementation plans.
- Understand and implement strategies that create safe and supportive environments for all students.
- Understand and implement data integration strategies to guide in the program planning of universal interventions that impact school safety.
- Understand school safety planning categorized by Prevention/Mitigation, Preparedness, Response and Recovery.
- Understand and implement an effective Stakeholders Network that includes Students, Staff, Parents and Community.
2. Create a Digital Commons Account.
3. Fill in the proposal form and click on Submit.
Additional information on the Southeast Conference on Positive Behavior Interventions and Support is available at https://academics.georgiasouthern.edu/ce/conferences/sepbis/
Presenters accepted for the Southeast Conference on Positive Behavior Interventions and Support are invited and encouraged to permanently store their presentation materials in the conference site. Please submit your materials to email@example.com and they will post within three business days.
Why Submit Your Presentation? More exposure for your work! Presentations are searchable through Google, and you will receive reports showing how many people have downloaded your presentation. You can also apply a Creative Commons License to your presentation, which controls how people can use your presentation materials.
What can you upload? PowerPoint Slides, papers, handouts, video, audio, and any other documents you used during your presentation.
Need Help? Email for help on submitting proposals and presentations. If you have questions about the conference (ex. registration), please visit the Conference Homepage for further information including contact numbers and emails.