Conference Dates: Friday, February 24, 2023
Conference Location: Georgia Southern University, Armstrong Campus, University Hall
Submission Deadline: July 5, 2022
Submit a Presentation Proposal
Please note that commercial submissions are prohibited.
2. Create a Digital Commons Account if you do not already have one.
3. Fill in the proposal form and click on Submit.
The Georgia Council for Learning Disabilities (GCLD) is a statewide organization that promotes evidence-based teaching, collaboration, research, leadership, and advocacy within the state of Georgia. GCLD is composed of professionals who represent diverse disciplines and are committed to enhancing the education and quality of life for individuals with learning disabilities and others who experience challenges in learning.
Our vision is to increase and improve educational opportunities and quality of life options for individuals with learning disabilities and others who experience challenges in learning. To accomplish this, our vision is to include all educators, researchers, administrators and support personnel who work or interact with said individuals.
Our Strategic Goals
- Encourage evidence-based practices for individuals with learning disabilities and others who learn differently.
- Foster collaborative relationships with professionals who serve these individuals.
- Expand our audience to stakeholders who support individuals with learning disabilities and who learn differently.
- Offer high quality sessions to practitioners and individuals who serve these individuals.
- Support leadership development among professionals who serve this population.
- Advocate for an education system that values individual differences.
- Encourage and support pre-service teachers as they learn effective strategies to support these individuals.
Presenters for the Learning Differences Conference can permanently store presentations and supporting materials in the conference site. We encourage you to submit presentation materials no later than one week before the conference.
Please submit your presentation materials by e-mail to email@example.com and they will post within three business days.
Why Submit Your Presentation? More exposure for your work! Presentations are searchable through Google, and you will receive reports showing how many people have downloaded your presentation. You can also apply a Creative Commons License to your presentation, which controls how people can use your presentation materials.
What can you upload? PowerPoint Slides, papers, handouts, video, audio, and any other documents you used during your presentation.
Need Help? Email firstname.lastname@example.org for help on submitting proposals and presentations.
Additional Instructions for Screen Reader Users
The Readership Activity Map feature further down the page presents a real time interactive world map with pins indicating where documents from our collection have been downloaded recently. Begin reading after the Zoom buttons to find additional real time statistics.