Professor of International Studies and Asian Politics: Dr. Nalanda Roy
About this Collection
An Integral History: Asian Studies Digital Archive provides a curated collection of multi-disciplinary resources related to Asian Studies research. Contributions highlight Georgia Southern’s scholarly and cultural assets related to the Asian Studies minor and are organized by Georgia Southern University’s Strategic Pillars. The Asian Studies archive support:
- Student Success (Strategic Pillar 1) by featuring works related to Asian Studies generated by students. Undergraduate research, collaborative projects, and capstone courses are among the High Impact Practices offering significant educational benefits for students.
- Teaching and Research (Strategic Pillar 2) by collecting faculty publications and presentations of significance to the Asian Studies discipline.
- Inclusive Excellence (Strategic Pillar 3) by celebrating scholarly and creative achievements produced by and about the Asian community.
- Operational Efficiency, Effectiveness and Sustainability (Strategic Pillar 4) by preserving Asian Studies scholarly and cultural works in an open-access repository for long-term sustainability.
- Community Engagement (Strategic Pillar 5) by offering resources and opportunities for community members to participate in Asian American Pacific Islander heritage events and the Our Stories, Ourselves: AAPI Stories initiative.
Dr. Nalanda Roy, founder of the Asian Studies Archive, was recognized by the Georgia Southern University Office of Leadership and Community Engagement as a 2023 Honoree of the Campus Museum of Service.
Additional Instructions for Screen Reader Users
The Readership Activity Map feature further down the page presents a real time interactive world map with pins indicating where documents from our collection have been downloaded recently. Begin reading after the Zoom buttons to find additional real time statistics.