Developing Competency-Based Professional Development Modules to Support Teacher Performance on the TKES
- The State of Georgia adopted a new teacher evaluation system
- Teachers are expected to have an individualized professional development plan
- The State of Georgia is likely to restructure teacher pay for advanced degrees, limiting professional development opportunities for teachers
- To develop professional learning for Georgia teachers (and eventually leaders) to provide them with an opportunity to be successful on the new evaluation system
- To develop content in a low cost, flexible format that produces observable results
- To create competency-based modules to allow an efficient, targeted form of learning
Georgia Professional Standards Commission Conference (GAPSC)
Koballa, Thomas R., Lina Soares, Meca Williams-Johnson, Tracy Linderholm.
"Developing Competency-Based Professional Development Modules to Support Teacher Performance on the TKES."
Curriculum, Foundations, & Reading Faculty Presentations.