Digital Badges, Community Engagement to Support Teacher Professional Growth and Certification Renewal
- The State of Georgia adopted a new teacher evaluation system, the Teacher Keys Effectiveness System (TKES)
- Teachers are expected to have an individualized professional development plan
- Depending on the school district, some may limit teacher pay for advanced degrees, limiting professional development opportunities for teachers
- To develop professional learning for Georgia teachers (and eventually leaders) to provide them with an opportunity to be successful on the new evaluation system
- To develop content in a low cost, flexible format that produces observable results
- To create competency-based modules to allow an efficient, targeted form of learning
American Association of Colleges of Teacher Education Annual Meeting (AACTE)
Koballa, Thomas R., Tracy Linderholm.
"Digital Badges, Community Engagement to Support Teacher Professional Growth and Certification Renewal."
Curriculum, Foundations, & Reading Faculty Presentations.