Conference Dates: July 23-27, 2018
Conference Location: Savannah, GA, USA
Extended Abstract Submission Deadline: January 15th
Call for 15th IMHRC- 2018 Abstracts
- Click Submit Extended Abstract.
- Create a Digital Commons Account.
- Fill in the proposal form and click on Submit.
Abstract Submission Guidelines
Papers for the Colloquium are requested from researchers performing work in material handling, facility logistics, and design, supply chain planning and execution as well as closely related fields of study. Papers are encouraged from both university-based and industry-based researchers (both the supplier and end-user communities).
Research and development topics eligible for inclusion are those addressing issues related to the planning, design, selection, and operation of manufacturing, distribution, logistics and service facilities, equipment and systems, as they relate to the movement, storage, control and protection of material flowing through supply chains as part of production and distribution systems.
Authors are encouraged to submit a paper on their recently completed or ongoing research, structured according to one of the three following types:
- System paper introducing a new material handling logistics system, technology and/or application, along with a preliminary modeling approach, with an emphasis on a rich description and justification of the system/application.
- Modeling paper focusing on a type of facility, system or equipment and addressing its key problematic facets, describing these in depth, justifying the importance of addressing them, introducing a formal model and a solution methodology, and presenting testing results.
- Paradigm paper rigorously introducing a new paradigm or framework for thinking, exploring, designing, representing and modeling facilities, systems or equipment, aiming to open breakthrough innovation avenues towards highly improved performance and sustainability.
In addition to these preferred research types, other material handling and logistics related research will be considered if the authors clearly demonstrate creativity and innovation that will contribute to the value of the IMHRC.
Extended abstracts are strictly limited to 2 pages and 600 words (whichever is less) and 2 figures. Please address the scope of the work, methodology, results and its expected impact on advancing the state of the art in the discipline. A third page may be added to include references, acknowledgements and any conflicts of interest. Only MS Word or PDF file formats will be accepted.
15th IMHRC Archive
Following the 15th International Material Handling Colloquium, presenters will be offered the opportunity to archive presentation materials in the conference archive.
Why Submit Your Presentation? More exposure for your work! Presentations are discoverable online, and you will receive reports showing how many people have viewed and downloaded your work. Apply a Creative Commons license to your abstract and presentation, which protects your right to be cited while letting end users know exactly how they can use your work.
Need Help? Email email@example.com for help on submitting proposals and presentations.