Leadership for Health Professionals: Theory, Skills and Applications
Leadership for Health Professionals: Theory, Skills, and Applications, Second Edition is the first textbook of its kind to apply classical knowledge of leadership theory and time-honored best practices of industry leaders to a health organization context. This comprehensive and well-organized text is grounded in real-world applications of theoretical concepts, and focuses on practical examples of leadership practice in actual healthcare scenarios. The text’s innovative and dynamic pedagogical structure cycles and expands key concepts throughout the text, allowing for enhanced learning and information retention. The material supports and engages students, pushing them to synthesize solutions and develop leadership strategies that are flexible enough to address an ever-changing industry. The fully-revised and updated Second Edition includes new material supporting leadership in “high performing organizations,” as well as a stronger emphasis on leading systems and sub-systems of health organizations. The Second Edition also features a new chapter on the healthcare supply chain and integration with revenue management and finance, expanded material on competencies and motivation, new material on emergency and disaster preparedness for hospitals and public health systems, and expanded material on strategic and operational planning. Ideally suited for graduate or upper-level undergraduate students in health professions programs, Leadership for Health Professionals, Second Edition is the essential text for future healthcare industry leaders. Key Features
- Text developed based on competencies from the Healthcare Leadership Alliance Competency Directory
- Practical, real-world cases from health leaders across the industry that demonstrate the application of theoretical principles in practice
- Material organized in four parts according to Bloom’s Taxonomy of the Cognitive Domain, which encourages retention, synthesis, and learning
- Instructor Resources include an Instructor’s Manual, PowerPoint Presentations, and a Test Bank
- Each new copy of the text includes an access code to the Navigate Companion Website with helpful Student Resources
Ledlow, Gerald R., Nicholas M. Coppola.
"Leadership for Health Professionals: Theory, Skills and Applications."
Health Policy and Management Faculty Publications, Paper 60.