Submission Policies and Guidelines
- Georgia Educational Researcher (GER) is a blind, peer-reviewed journal.
- Each manuscript is reviewed by a minimum of two members of the Editorial Board.
- Manuscripts are accepted for consideration with the understanding that they are original material and are not under consideration for publication elsewhere.
- Reviews are returned to the GER editor, comments compiled and returned to the author who was listed as the contact person.
- Author(s) then have the option to make the suggested edits, format for final publication, and resubmit to GER.
- Manuscripts are accepted for review at any time during the year and receipt will be acknowledged by the editor.
- Manuscripts will generally be returned to authors within three months of submission. Please allow more time for manuscripts submitted during the summer since reviewers may not be available for timely reviews.
- Due dates for final submission will vary with each edition.
- Manuscripts should generally follow the guidelines of the 6th edition Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (APA) available through http://www.apastyle.org
- Manuscripts should be no more than 20 pages long (excluding cover page, abstract, references, and/or appendices).
- Manuscripts should embed any figures, graphs, charts, etc. in the document near the text to which they refer.
- Appendices should be included in the manuscript document and not as separate attachments.
- Remove any references to the submitting author’s / authors’ work that may allow a reviewer to determine the identity of the author(s). These references can be included prior to final publication.
- Authors must submit a digital version of the manuscript via the “Submit Manuscript” link on the GER webpage.